· Q4 starts today with a choppy stock market and bleak stimulus prospects.
· The S&P 500 Index is up 12 handles today at 33.76, just above the 50-day moving average. Throughout September, the S&P 500 Index was down 4% but posted an 8.5% gain in Q3, compared to a 20% gain in Q2.
· The VIX Index started and ended September in the mid-20s, and is currently right around 26.50 level. The October-November VIX futures spread widened out to $2.40.
· 28,000 puts versus 36,000 calls traded in October VIX options, while 67,000 puts versus 11,000 calls traded in November VIX options. The VVIX Index remains around the 100 level.
· Friday’s unemployment report for September will be a big one, as it is the final report before the election.
To learn more visit Cboe’s website.