· There is dispersion in the market as traders try to figure out new U.S. government policies for 2021. The dispersion is leading to a lot of reds and greens in S&P 500 Index sectors as stocks move up and down, rotating in and out of value and growth.
· Bank research desks are updating their year-end and 2021 targets around the S&P 500 Index and the 10-year yield.
· Initial jobless claims fell by the most in five weeks today while COVID-19 cases are on the rise.
· The VIX Index is in the mid-20s, and the number of closing trades is up this week. The VIX futures curve still has strong contango in the front with a new peak in January, around Inauguration Day.
· VIX options put volume is still trending. Today, 11,000 December 20 VIX options puts traded for $0.68 each, and a buyer bought 8,000 November 22 VIX options puts for $0.36 each.
To learn more visit Cboe’s website.